Water Blast Technician
Advertiser: Kiwi Maintenance Group LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Feb 2019
- Auckland, Waitakere & West Auckland
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Maintenance & Handyperson Services
Kiwi Maintenance Group is an industry leader in house and building maintenance, operating throughout New Zealand, to service our loyal customer base.
We are looking for a well presented mature motivated person who is able to work responsibly and unsupervised to join our great company, offering great conditions. If that description sounds like you and you would like to work as part of a committed team who puts safety first and provides an excellent service to our clients, we would love to hear from you.
You must have a current NZ drivers licence, a head for heights and ideally be qualified for a waterblasting position. Experience preferred but full training for a motivated candidate will be given. You will also be fully trained in all aspects of Health and Safety and will be required to attend H&S, height safety, product knowledge, and other courses as and when required by the company. These courses will be at no cost to you.
You may be required to work short periods (up to a maximum of four weeks, but generally no more than two weeks outside of the Auckland area. We may from time to time be asked to service contracts for all of the South Island and some of the middle North Island – you may be required to travel to these areas, up to a maximum of three times per year – although this is done on a roster basis with other staff, so generally the travel requirements are spread evenly between all staff. All travel is at no cost to you.
We offer the potential to earn in excess of $60K per annum and participate in our group Health Insurance.
For this position, please only apply if you:
• Are well presented and able to communicate professionally face to face when required with our customers.
• Have a strong work ethic and take pride in what you achieve, consistently producing a high quality of work. We want our customers to return to us and ask for you to do their cleaning again.
• Enjoy the great outdoors. Your work environment will include wind and rain, but also beautiful sunny days.
• Enjoy variety. You will be working all throughout the Auckland region (and occasionally throughout NZ), often going to several job sites in one day.
• Are capable of finding solutions for problems that may arise from time to time. Support and help is always only a phone call away however.
• Are committed to safe work practices and are not, nor ever will be, complacent or reckless regarding your own safety, or that of your colleagues, our customers, or the general public.
• Have the flexibility to work additional overtime hours (including some weekends – on a roster basis) and outside ‘normal’ working hours (we occasionally are required to start cleaning in the evening and finishing in the early hours of the morning).
• Are self-motivated, take pride in your work, and can work unsupervised.
• Have a clean NZ drivers license.
• Are happy to undergo a criminal record check.
• Have your own reliable transport to and from our New Lynn Depot.
• Are fit and healthy with no disability that may be aggravated by the work that you will be asked to do.
• Can work alone but just as importantly, be able to work as part of our team. More often than not, you will be working with one or more of your colleagues.
• Have some practical ability. You may be required to do minor equipment repairs on site should it fail (full training will be given) but it would be handy to have some basic mechanical knowledge).
• Are a New Zealand resident, or have a current NZ work permit.
• Are reliable, punctual and not a ‘clock watcher’.
• Can start work at 7.30am on a ‘normal’ day and work until the job is finished (usually between 4 and 6pm).
You can check our website at www.kmgroup.co.nz for more information on our company and the type of work that you may be required to do.
To be considered for this position, please send your CV and application to Chris Tietjens, Managing Director firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: 12th March 2019
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of OH&S/WHS?
- Are you licenced to drive a manual vehicle?