Advertiser: GraymontMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Feb 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Mining - Processing
An emerging global leader in the supply of lime and limestone products, Graymont serves major markets throughout the United States and Canada, and has extended its reach into the Asia-Pacific region, with acquisitions in New Zealand in 2015 and further acquisitions in Australia and south-east Asia in late 2018.
Graymont is a private family-owned company whose 1500 employees are dedicated to meeting or exceeding our customer expectations for quality products. Ours is a culture that provides both challenges and opportunities, that seeks to fully engage its workforce, and which values the contributions of every employee. Learn more about our people, products, and services at www.graymont.com.
Graymont NZ has over 90 employees with quarrying and manufacturing facilities in the Waikato (Otorohanga, Te Kuiti and Oparure plants) and in Otago (Makarero).
PRODUCTION CADET – FULL TIME TEMPORARY (24 MONTH FIXED TERM)
Reporting to the Production Supervisor and based within our North Island production facilities (Otorohanga and Te Kuiti), this position is primarily part of a rotating shift roster responsible for operating the lime kilns and associated plant & equipment to meet quality, cost and volume targets considering safety and environmental standards. This position is also responsible for recording accurate process information for operational and maintenance use and will be required to carry out optimization projects during periods of production downtime which involves working with the site process engineer and other relevant departments. This role will participate in resource planning with the Supply Chain Officer and Production Supervisor and contributes innovative ideas towards process and quality improvement initiatives.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive, well respected company which strongly believes in ongoing personal development for its employees. The successful candidate will learn lime manufacturing operations from the ground up and will be provided necessary internal/external training. There is also the possibility of ongoing career progression within the Multi-National Company across different departments and sites.
We are seeking proactive applicants who excel in effective team work and communication, take pride in their performance and look to challenge the status quo to improve performance. In return, Graymont will reward the successful applicant with attractive remuneration rates as well as overtime rates when applicable.
Listed below are the desired work experience and skills, although full on the job training will be given to the successful applicant.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is highly preferred
- Tertiary qualification not essential but highly advantageous
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work successfully both as an individual and as part of a team
- High degree of self-direction and self-motivation
- Demonstrated ability to apply innovative solutions to problems and process improvements
- Strong and effective troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of Manufacturing operations advantageous
- Results orientated with proven ability to add value
- Car (Class One) License. Advantageous to have Forklift (F) Endorsement and Loader (W) Endorsement, but full training will be given to the successful applicant if needed
The selected candidate will also need to demonstrate a commitment to a culture that values and implements sound Health and Safety practices. To apply, please visit the Graymont website at www.graymont.com and search for “Production Cadet, New Zealand” under the Career section. A full detailed position description is available on request.