Health & Disability - Advocate
Advertiser: National Advocacy TrustMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Feb 2019
- Gisborne, Gisborne
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Other
Looking for variety and challenge based in Gisborne?
Being a Health and Disability Advocate means daily contact with members of the public and health and disability service providers who you will educate on the Code of Health and Disability Services Consumers’ Rights and assist to resolve complaints about the quality of care provided.
This position is part time 25 hours a week based in our Gisborne office and will service the wider Tairawhiti area as required. The days of work are Monday to Friday 5 hours per day.
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
- A passion and empathy for people
- A strong sense of social justice for all
- Excellent phone skills and communication abilities
- Experience in complaint resolution
- Enjoys and has experience in delivering education
- Sound Computer skills
- The ability to work alone but as part of a wider team
- Strong links with the local community and Iwi
- A current drivers’ licence and your own car
What you get:
- Fast paced and varied work
- A genuinely supportive work environment
- Room to grow and learn
- To be part of a great team
- 25 hours per week of satisfaction
If this sounds like the position for you then send your CV with the names of three referees (one must be your current manager) to firstname.lastname@example.org. before 12 noon on Monday 25 February 2019.
Position descriptions are available on request via email as above.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?