Payroll Officer & HR Administrator
Advertiser: Farra Engineering LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Feb 2019
- Otago, Dunedin
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Accounting, Payroll
About the business
Farra Engineering Ltd is a Dunedin headquartered, diversified engineering company that provides engineering solutions to a wide range of local and international customers. Farra's strengths lies in its experience, resilient history, solid reputation, breadth of operations, and technical and management skills.
About the role
The Payroll Officer/HR Administrator is responsible for all functions in relation to paying payroll in an accurate and timely manner, along with providing HR support to our managers for the full HR life-cycle.
It is Farra's aspiration to become an employer of choice in the engineering industry and this role plays a critical part in assisting with the success of this goal. The key purpose of this role is to ensure our systems are in line with accepted best practice and comply with current employment legislation.
The Role will involve:
- Processing payroll weekly for 100+ employees.
- Ensuring payroll and HR policies are in line with legislation and best practice.
- Recruitment assistance - advertisement placement, corresponding with applicants.
- Induction and on boarding process - employment contract preparation, organisation of drug testing.
- Collation of policies and keeping employee handbook up to date.
- Ensuring employee files are up to date.
- Training co-ordination and record keeping.
- Assisting with performance management.
Skills and experience
To be successful, you will have:
- Prior payroll experience.
- Some HR Support experience.
- Positive attitude towards continuous improvement and implementing change.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to self-manage and prioritise.
- Deadline focused.
- Capable of establishing strong relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.