Advertiser: Champion Flour Milling LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Feb 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Machine Operators
Champion Flour Milling Ltd is recognised as NZ’s leading flour and premix manufacturer for the retail, bakery service and industrial markets, Champion’s manufacturing sites are based at Mt Maunganui and Christchurch. Our Christchurch site has a long and proud history in the Canterbury area and produces a range of specialised cereal-based food products across multiple production.
We are currently looking for Process Operators to be based at our Christchurch site to work in plant operations on a Permanent Full-Time basis. This role will alternate and require the need for shift work and some flexibility in hours.
You will be responsible for maintaining optimum operational output and ensure production, food safety & Health and safety procedures are followed.
- Follow operational requirements
- Weighing up different ingredients; prepare batches for premixing
- Maintain housekeeping in accordance with Operational Standards set out in the Operational procedures
- Complete the Daily operational paper works/checklists
- Maintaining a healthy and safe working environment by eliminating hazards and taking the appropriate steps to eliminate any unsafe or poor-quality aspects
- Minimum of 3 or 4 years of secondary schooling
- Previous experience in food manufacturing and running machines would be beneficial
- Excellent speaking, reading and writing skills
- Attention to details
- Ability to do the heavy lifting
- F-endorsement or OSH would be beneficial
If you consider you have the skills and attributes to meet the demands of this role please apply by close of business Monday 4th March 2019 with a CV and covering letter.
Please note: you must hold a valid NZ Work visa or NZ Residency/Citizenship.
Those shortlisted for an interview may be required to carry out a pre-employment medical which would include drug and alcohol testing.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have experience as a machine operator?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?
- Are you available to work on a rotating roster?
- Which of the following forklift licences do you have?