Advertiser: Bethlehem CollegeMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Feb 2019
- Bay of Plenty, Tauranga
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Education & Training, Student Services
We are seeking a Fixed Term, Part Time, Careers Advisor at Bethlehem College Secondary. The opening is for a qualified careers advisor who is able to work collaboratively with our careers pathway lead team in implementing a careers programme across Years 7-13. They will provide up-to-date careers advice and support to Y10-13 academic deans and students, and support the Career Pathways Workplace/Gateway Coordinator in their role.
Bethlehem College, is a non-denominational, co-educational Christian College. The College’s emphasis is on applying Biblical principles to all aspects of school curriculum and life. An undertaking to commit to the College's Special Character is a condition of all appointments.
The position of Careers Advisor is fixed term, part-time for 35 hours per week, approx. 7 hours per day Mon-Fri. Flexibility to attend school/CATE meetings after school is required. These hours will be worked within the 40 weeks of the year the school is open for instruction.
Remuneration will be dependent upon qualifications and experience of the successful applicant.
- Commitment to the Christian Character of the College – this is essential
- Appropriate Careers Advisor qualification
- Excellent communication and relationship skills
- Caring and professional manner
- Ability to work alongside and build relationships with teenagers in order to provide appropriate careers advice
- Knowledge of NZQA, secondary and tertiary education pathways
- Preferably belong to CATE or other professional organisation
- Excellent administration, computer and time management skills
- Ability to prepare and report on budgets
- NZ Drivers licence and ability to pass Police vetting
- Confidence to work alongside teachers to formulate a Careers curriculum
- Confident in the online environment and ability to use and analyse Careers software
- Connections with industry and ability to organise vocational speaker interaction with the school. Confident to address a large audience
Closing date Friday 22nd February 2019, 4pm
For more information and to apply please visit our website. Please note it is required to complete our online application form, which you will find at the following link: www.beth.school.nz/career-opportunities
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?