Discovery Hub Team Member & Learning Coordinator (part time/possible full time)
Advertiser: Cornwall Park Trust BoardMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Feb 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- $18 - $21 per hour
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Education & Training, Other
We're seeking a superstar for a part/full time community engagement, learning, information resources and customer service role at the nature-rich Cornwall Park in Auckland. The role will be based in the Huia Lodge Discovery Hub, and will be key to shaping the public's experience of the place - from welcoming people, guiding their activities, teaching them about something, selling merchandise, to running workshops and behind the scenes administration.
We want you to bring your natural people skills, enthusiasm, love of learning, and creativity to the role to ensure an excellent experience for the public. Alongside this you will be responsible for creating informational resources, research, developing education and learning programmes, and contributing to onsite experiences.
This role will suit someone with previous customer service experience but also experience in:
- Parks, Ecology, Science or Agriculture (or similar)
- Education and learning
The role is best suited to those with an understanding, interest, and passion for nature, the living environment and people's experience within it.
The role is part time 3-4 days a week and will involve weekend work - exact days will be determined on a roster system. There could be the opportunity for this role to be full time.
A few key things we're looking for:
- Experience in customer service
- Personable, enthusiastic and proactive personality, with a sense of humour and a great attitude
- Reliable and able to commit to regular hours
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including ability to teach people new concepts and ideas
- Problem-solving ability and negotiating skills to successfully run the center
- The ability to self-manage and work under pressure at busy times
- Experience and knowledge in parks and nature is preferred but not essential
If you're interested in this dynamic role, please apply now or contact us for more details.
Please apply with a CV and cover letter that includes information about you and answers to the following questions:
1. Which role have you completed that had a major customer focus and gave you experience and skills in this area?
2. What achievements in that role are you most proud of?
3. Can you please tell us if you are looking for full time or part time work and why?
4. What do you enjoy most about parks and why?
Applications close Friday 22nd February 2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many hours are you available to work per week?