Part Time Technicians - Students Preferred
Advertiser: SourceHRMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Feb 2019
- Auckland, Waitakere & West Auckland
- Work Type
- Science & Technology, Laboratory & Technical Services
Our client is a leading edge assurance company providing services that span the entire food supply chain with a combination of audit, inspection, farm assurance, biosecurity, advisory and food testing capabilities. They have leading positions in core markets of New Zealand and Australia, and are continuing to grow their presence across the Asia Pacific and Gulf States regions.
We are currently looking for University Students to work part time (approximately 20 hours per week) in the Microbiology Laboratory
The role will be responsible for:
- Assisting with Sub Sampling
- Pathogenic bacteria testing.
- Media transferring.
- Ensuring procedures and guidelines are followed for the completion of all testing.
- Ensuring correct instrument procedures are used and adhered to.
- Ensuring filing/archiving system is maintained.
- Use of technical equipment as required in line with standard operating procedures.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be currently studying towards their Bachelors degree (Year 1, 2 or 3) in Food Science, Microbiology, Biology or Biotechnology
- Familiar with microbiology laboratory techniques
- Have excellent attention to detail and be able to work to tight deadlines and timeframes
- Have excellent communication skills
- The work will be approximately 20 hours per week and will be flexible around university schedules
These roles will ideally suit students wanting to gain some commercial laboratory experience while still completing their studies.
Please note: You must be currently based in Auckland to be considered for these positions.