1st XV Coach (Mt Albert Grammar)
Advertiser: Mount Albert Grammar SchoolMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Feb 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Sport & Recreation, Coaching & Instruction
An exciting rugby coaching opportunity for the right person.
Mount Albert Grammar School is looking for a 1st XV Rugby Head Coach
The successful applicant will be responsible for coaching the 1st XV and for the direction of the assistant coaches, assisting the Director of Rugby as required.
Mount Albert Grammar School has a long tradition of sporting excellence and the school is proud of its success at the highest level. Our 1st XV won the NZ secondary school championship in 2016 and represented NZ in the Sanix World 1st XV Tournament in Japan in 2017. We had 8 rugby teams in 2018 and run a Rugby academy for selected students in Year 9 and Year 10. To find out more about MAGs, go to https://www.mags.school.nz
- An appropriate qualification in rugby coaching or experience in coaching at 1st XV level or higher level of competition.
- Experience in coaching rugby in New Zealand
- Verifiable people management skills.
- Verifiable ability to work effectively with young men.
- Active support for the school-wide sporting culture of fair play underpinned by The MAGS Way values.
Additional advantageous qualifications, abilities and skills
- A Registration with the Teachers Council and a willingness to join the teaching staff of the school.
- Ability to form effective and positive relationships with 1st XV coaches in other schools and the greater Auckland rugby community.
- A reliable and effective working relationship with Auckland Rugby.
- A commitment to the College Sport regulations pertaining to rugby
A full job description and application form is available on the school website:
Salary, hours of work and start date are negotiable with the Headmaster.
As a guide: 15 hours per week at $30.00 per hour.
Applications close at 4.00 pm on Friday 22 February 2019
Please download a copy of the Application Form from the school website at https://www.mags.school.nz/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/MAGS-Staff-Application-Form.pdf , complete it and send it, your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org