Publicity Executive - Fox Universal
Advertiser: Universal Pictures NZMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Feb 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Media Strategy, Planning & Buying
Do you love film? Excited about working in PR? We have an exciting opportunity for a Communications superstar to join our team as Publicity Executive.
We release theatrically for Universal Pictures, 20th Century Fox and eOne in New Zealand.
This year we're scheduled to release some exciting titles that include Dark Phoenix, Secret Life of Pets 2, Downton Abbey, Cats, The Voyages of Dr Dolittle, Bond 25, Peppa Pig, Captive State and Where’d You Go Bernadette, to name a few.
With an exciting and diverse slate ahead, we are on the hunt for a proactive and creative individual with a passion for film and entertainment to support the Publicity team in the execution of innovative, high-profile, cross platform publicity campaigns. This will be a sought after position as these opportunities don’t arise very often.
As Publicity Executive, you will be responsible for administrative and creative duties that support the Publicity team in the execution of high-profile, cross platform publicity campaigns for our theatrical releases across New Zealand. Some of your responsibilities will include the following:
- Prepare and distribute publicity materials
- Monitor and compile media coverage
- Co-ordinate media and promotional screenings
- Assist with grass roots activity
- Source and schedule digital content for our social media channels
- Co-ordinate merch pack/influencer send outs
- Develop relationships and maintain regular contact with key journalists/national media/influencers/digital outlets/bloggers/reviewers
This is the perfect role for someone who wants to start out or continue their career in the exciting world of Entertainment Publicity.
The ideal candidate:
Ideally, you will have 2-3 years direct experience in Publicity, Public Relations, Communications or Media Agency – a fast-paced environment and/or the entertainment industry will be advantageous.
You will have a comprehensive understanding of the New Zealand media landscape with strong relationships with entertainment media, influencers and key stakeholders. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines are a must. You’ve got an eye for attention to detail, creative flair and the ability to think outside the box.
Being a team player, self- starter and strong organizational skills are essential as is being solutions focused and of course a passion for film!
If you think you’re the right person for the role, we would love to hear from you – please apply using the Apply Now link. Applications close 13 February.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
If you are unsuccessful in your application for this role, I’m afraid you won’t hear from us.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you completed a qualification in communications?
- How many years' experience do you have in a marketing role?