Special Education - Learning Support Teacher - South Auckland
Advertiser: MSL Training LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Feb 2019
- Auckland, Manukau & East Auckland
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Teaching Aides & Special Needs
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic professional with a passion for working with adult students who have learning challenges or special educational needs to join our fantastic team. You will need proven experience in the field of special needs education along with knowledge of current special education practices and methodologies, classroom management and student management skills. You will know how to identify and assess the various intellectual or learning difficulties and have the ability to create and implement relevant and applicable teaching and learning resources and methodology, in order for our students to progress. A working knowledge of educational technology applications and assistive technology resources is required.
You are a person who enjoys working with individuals who have varied educational requirements and have a clear understanding of their needs, challenges and unique perspectives. You are a great motivator, mentor, role model with a passion for empowering students to set and achieve goals. You always have a positive attitude, a sense of humour and you are an outstanding team player
This role requires the following key skills and attributes
- Demonstrated experience in the field of special education
- High level of initiative and great problem solving skills
- Knowledge of techniques, practices, information and resources that are necessary in the special education field
- Have an existing network of stakeholders who care for individuals with intellectual needs or with special educational needs
- Proven aptitude for building capability in people
- High level of personal integrity
- Able to communicate and relate well with students from a range of backgrounds and cultures
- Excellent organizational and administration skills
- Conflict management and resolution
- Appreciation of diversity
All candidates will ideally have the following;
- Minimum - Bachelor's degree in Education or relevant field in education
MSL Training is a highly successful and established Category 1 Private Tertiary Establishment (PTE) based in three Campuses around Auckland. Our team, are a dedicated and passionate group of professionals committed to successfully changing lives through creating, positive educational and vocational opportunities for all students and each year our results speak for themselves
If you meet the criteria above and are looking for an exciting new challenge in a great environment – apply online with your CV and cover letter today. ALL APPLICANTS MUST CURRENTLY RESIDE IN NZ AND BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK. Applicants will be expected to consent to undergo a Police Check. Shortlisted candidates ONLY will be contacted within 10 days of application.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Have you completed a qualification in special education?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?