Advertiser: Access Ability Charitable TrustMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Feb 2019
- Otago, Dunedin
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
About the business and the role
At AccessAbility we are committed to working with disabled people and their families/whanau to identify what would enable them to live everyday lives in their community. Our inspirational dream is "A community approach where disabled people live well now, can dream big and live the life they have imagined."
We are currently looking for a person to join the team as a Service Facilitator. The successful applicant will work alongside our experienced team partnering with disabled people and their families to discuss support solutions that will work for them. The core work is completing assessments, providing information, coordinating supports, making referrals, and completing the administration that supports this.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Ideally we are looking for someone with strong interpersonal skills, an understanding of the disability sector and administrative nous, in particular people who enjoy:
· Engaging and interacting with people in a positive way
· Facilitating conversations with small groups
· Building relationships and networks
· Recording information accurately and neatly
· Thinking innovatively and creatively
· Being committed to the principles of the NZ Disability Strategy
· Keeping their cool while working under pressure
· Working within and contributing to a great team
Job benefits and perks
In return you will receive the following benefits:
· Working with people who are passionate about our inspirational dream
· Health and Wellness Subsidy
· Staff Benefit Discount Card
· Employee Assistance Programme
If this is you, then we want to hear from you!
The closing date for applications is 9am on Monday 18th February 2019
For a position description please visit our website www.accessability.org.nz
Please apply through seek with a CV and cover letter.
AccessAbility is an Equal Opportunities Employer and strives to attract and maintain a diverse workforce. We would like to encourage applications from people with a lived experience of disability.
If you have any questions about this role please feel free to contact:
Louisa Beaumont, Team Leader on (03) 929 1436 or Angela Te Whaiti, National Operations Manager (03) 929 1421
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?