Laboratory Technician - Wine Lab
Advertiser: SourceHRMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Feb 2019
- Auckland, Waitakere & West Auckland
- Work Type
- Science & Technology, Laboratory & Technical Services
Our client is a leading edge assurance company providing services that span the entire food supply chain with a combination of audit, inspection, farm assurance, biosecurity, advisory and food testing capabilities. They have leading positions in core markets of New Zealand and Australia, and are continuing to grow their presence across the Asia Pacific and Gulf States regions.
We are currently looking for a Technician to work in the Wine Lab which comes under the Chemistry Department.
The role will be responsible for:
- Ensuring procedures and guidelines are followed for the completion of all testing of wine sample
- Ensuring all sample tests are carried out using the correct/assigned methods
- Ensuring correct instrument procedures are used and adhered to.
- Ensuring filing/archiving system is maintained.
- Use of technical equipment as required in line with standard operating procedures.
- Actively participate in audits
- Reporting customer feedback to supervisor or team leader
- Completing special projects as and when required
The ideal candidate will:
Have NZ Bachelors degree or Diploma in Chemistry or wine science
Be able to work well within a team
Have excellent attention to detail and able to work to tight deadlines and timeframes
Have excellent communication skills
Be flexible with working hours
These roles are entry level graduate positions so they would ideally suit someone looking to take their first step in their science career.
Please note: You must be currently based in Auckland to be considered for these positions.