Advertiser: Tauranga City BasketballMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 4 Feb 2019
- Bay of Plenty, Tauranga
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sport & Recreation, Other
Support Coordinator Position
About the business
Tauranga City Basketball is one of New Zealand's most exciting and successful basketball Associations. With continued growth year on year, there are now over 4,500 people playing basketball in the region. With this growth and due to some other changes in the office, we have now developed a new role of Support Coordinator, reporting to the General Manager.
About the role
The position of Support Coordinator provides a rare opportunity for an energetic and enterprising person to enter into the field of Sports Management. Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for a variety of tasking including:
- Draws and results – helping with daily/weekly draws and results.
- Communications – including Facebook, website, and the design of posters and flyers.
- Development Program administration – assisting the Director of Development with administration support.
- Rep Program – responsibility for booking of travel and accommodation, rep uniforms and venue bookings.
- Staff and Volunteers – support for venue controllers and volunteers.
Benefits and perks
This role will be a full time, fixed term role and is based on 40 hours per week, with some flexibility over time. However, the person employed in this position will be required to be available at the 'highest traffic' times i.e. the hours will include some evening, and weekend work.
Skills and experience
The appointee will ideally have experience in event or sports management or will be able to clearly demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Well-developed organisational abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, flexibility and common sense
- Capacity to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- A strong commitment to delivering excellent customer service
- At key times, be prepared to work the flexible hours required by the sports industry
- Strong people skills and an ability to work effectively in a small team environment
- Time management and prioritising skills
- A keen eye for detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrated ability in a range of IT applications, including intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office.
If you have the requisite skills and experience then please email Mark Rogers, Tauranga City Basketball Association at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive more information and an application form.
Applications close: Friday 22 February 2019 at 5pm.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?