Procurement and Inventory Controller
Advertiser: Farra Engineering LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 1 Feb 2019
- Otago, Dunedin
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
About the business
Farra Engineering Ltd is a Dunedin headquartered, diversified engineering company that provides engineering solutions to a wide range of local and international customers. Farra's strength lies in its experience, resilient history, solid reputation, breadth of operations, and technical and management skills.
About the role
The Procurement & Inventory Controller is responsible for the procurement functions of Farra. This position is assigned with making strategic sourcing decisions, evaluating all alternative sources of supply and ensuring materials are available for production.
Good knowledge of supply chain procedures and knowledge of purchasing and inventory control processes would be advantageous.
This position will be based at our head office in Dunedin with our Shared Services Team and offers you a great opportunity to make a significant contribution to our drive for efficiency. At Farra you will work in a welcoming environment where people matter and all interactions, internal and external to the company, are conducted in a straight up manner.
The Role will involve:
- relationship management
- price and contract negotiations
- analysing spend patterns and recommending strategic purchasing strategies
- ordering and purchasing
- involvement with inputs into production planning
- receiving good
- inventory management
To be successful, you will have:
- experience in a procurement role
- excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills with stakeholders and suppliers
- an ability to extract data for analysis with attention to detail
- strategic thinker with negotiation skills
- Microsoft Excel knowledge and analytical skills
- team player who also works well individually
- industry and product knowledge preferred
- a willingness to champion improvement initiatives
If you believe you have the attributes, attitude and are fueled with a desire to contribute to our team we would love to hear from you! Please forward your inquiries and/or your application.