Advertiser: Signature Homes Christchurch SouthMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 1 Feb 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Design & Architecture, Architectural Drafting
About the business
Signature Homes is a nationally recognised builder of quality homes and is experiencing continuing growth nationally. This role is based in our Christchurch South team, with the possibility of regular travel to Queenstown.
About the role
In this role you'll be responsible for:
· Participation in client meetings including site visits where required
· Designing and preparing concept plans to briefs provided
· Taking concept drawings and converting them into an accurate set of architectural and construction drawings and specifications ready for pricing, consent and construction
· Endorsing all working drawings as a Licensed Building Practitioner.
· Maintaining quality standards and ensuring compliance with relevant legislation
Skills and experience
We are looking for:
· A tertiary qualification in Architecture/Draughting
· At least 3 years experience working as a Designer
· Experience with Chief Architect or Archicad software
· Working knowledge of the latest building legislation, design standards and building codes
· Knowledge of local council planning regulations
· Confidence in liaising with clients, councils, engineers, builders and all other stakeholders
· Excellent organisational and communication skills
· A high level of commitment to meeting deadlines
· A strong work ethic and desire to achieve results
· A team player
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Have you completed a qualification in building design / building design drafting?