CEO Chamber of Commerce Hawkes Bay
Advertiser: david trim and associatesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 31 Jan 2019
- Hawkes Bay, Napier
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, CEO
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO is the Chamber’s chief staff officer, leading the organization to fulfillment of its vision and mission. The responsibilities include planning and directing all operations, programs, activities, functions, and affairs of the organization, including implementation of the Chamber’s three-year Strategic Plan.
The CEO carries out the policies and duties established by the Chamber’s Board of Directors and serves as the “face of the Chamber,” acting as a community leader, business advocate and ambassador for the Hawke’s Bay region. The CEO collaborates with other business and civic organizations to improve the local business climate for Chamber members and the business community. The CEO is directed by the Board but reports to the current Board Chair.
The CEO develops and submits an annual plan of action for attaining the core goals & objectives of the Chamber with guidance from the Board, administered by the Board Chair. The CEO establishes metrics for evaluation and, with Board approval, leads the following activities:
- Growing the Chamber’s membership and programs per the Board’s defined goals strategic plan,
- Ensuring excellent communications both internally and externally,
- Enhancing and expanding the value proposition for the Chamber’s membership,
- Ensuring good and effective governance of the Chamber, and
- Increasing the Chamber’s visibility, reputation and influence in the region.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Management, Administration and Member Services:
- Finance and Organizational Development:
- Communications and Relationships:
- How many years of business management experience do you have?
- How many years' experience do you have as a chief executive officer?
- Have you completed a qualification in business?
- Have you completed a qualification in management?