Youth Pathways Coordinator
Advertiser: YOUth Inspire - The Mayors Taskforce For JobsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 25 Jan 2019
- Wellington, Hutt Valley
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Employment Services
YOUTH PATHWAYS COORDINATOR
We have an exciting opportunity for a Youth Pathways Coordinator to join our team at YOUth INSPIRE.
This is a contract 1-2 year fixed term full time role and is based in Lower Hutt.
YOUth INSPIRE is a community based organisation that provides meaningful and successful pathways into education, training and employment for young people between the ages of 18-24.
We work with young people in communities where there is high youth unemployment and where they need us the most.
We are seeking a proactive, energetic, creative and passionate Youth Pathways Coordinator who can encourage and support young people into education, job related training, or employment. This position will assist in the development and delivery of the YOUth INSPIRE Programmes and events.
Key skills required:
• The ability to engage the hearts and minds of our young people, as you will be working with multiple young people who are at varying stages of their YOUth INSPIRE journey
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to be able to network with stakeholders, community organisations and businesses
• Effective time management – you can effectively prioritise your work and meet timeframes
• High levels of confidentiality
• Resilience and the ability to see past objections to identify underlying issues
• Technology savvy – you are comfortable using a range of office systems and tools
• Group facilitation experience preferred to deliver employability skills programme
• Team player – your ability to work as part of a team will set you apart from other applicants
A relevant tertiary qualification in Education,Youth Development or Social Work would be a plus, but not essential, however you do need to have previous experience working in a professional environment. If you have the passion to make a difference for young people in your community and you have the key skills required for the role, we would love to hear from you.
Please note that a Police check and a full license is required for this role – please do not apply if you will not meet these criteria.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
To apply please send through your CV with a covering letter detailing why you want this role.
Applications close Friday, 8 February 2019.
Contact: email@example.com for a Job Description
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have experience working towards targets and KPIs?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?