Advertiser: DARC Technologies LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 24 Jan 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering
Development Engineer for small electronic engineering/design firm working in the area of LED lighting control systems.
DARC Technologies is a small firm set up to design, build, and supply intelligent LED lighting control systems. With approximately 10 employees — including engineers, designers, factory manufacturing and management, DARC is a small family business which has huge potential.
About the Business - LED lighting
We create clever lighting control solutions for both residential and commercial applications, and this is a growing area, as NZ climbs the curve to fully LED lit applications.
To join DARC's team in a fabulous working in Middleton in Christchurch. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will be creating and maintaining hardware and software for a range of products. You will be responsible for creating quality documentation and creative outcomes.
We are seeking an experienced Development Engineer with a strong background who is able to demonstrate:
- Hardware Development in power control systems, bi-directional charging and control, LED lighting control systems, battery charging and management.
- Software design for appropriate microprocessors relating to hardware design, (SMT32 Cortex Family)
- Familiarity with some form of scripting (bash, perl, python, ruby, LUA)
- Understanding and utilization of C/C++
- Understand electronic circuit schematics
- Familiarity with automated software test tools and strategies
- Familiarity with standard hardware interfaces and protocols (USB, UART, SPI etc)
- Familiarity with REST API concepts
- Good documentation/report writing skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
DARC is a place where you can put your innovative thinking skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the most challenging, interesting, and meaningful LED lighting products worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes DARC a great place to work and grow. DARC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Proactive approach to work load planning with the ability to meet deadlines.
Team player – able to fit well into the small team
an ability to read and understand electronic circuit schematics
familiarity with automated software test tools and strategies
familiarity with standard hardware interfaces and protocols (USB, UART, SPI etc)
familiarity with REST API concepts
at least rudimentary understanding of C/C++
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Have you completed a qualification in electrical engineering?
- How many years' experience do you have as an electronics engineer?
- How would you rate your English language skills?