Advertiser: Beckhoff Automation LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 24 Jan 2019
- Auckland, Rodney & North Shore
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering
Are you a passionate, self motivated engineer that enjoys working with cutting edge technology? A creative thinker who thrives on being challenged and is looking to further develop their skills? Someone who believes they would be a valuable team member embracing a high performance company culture?
If this is you, this is your opportunity to be part of the fastest growing industrial automation company in the world. A Germany automation company with traditional family values, over 3,900 staff, >100 offices and represented in >75 countries, Beckhoff Automation achieved a turnover of 810 million Euros in 2017; with an average annual growth of 16% since 2000!
As the pioneers of PC-Based control, inventors of EtherCAT, early adoptors of Industry 4.0 / IoT principles and developers of many more innovative technologies, Beckhoff Automation is at the forefront of automation innovation in New Zealand.
Beckhoff implements open automation systems based on PC Control technology. The product range covers Industrial PCs, I/O and Fieldbus Components, Drive Technology and automation software. Products that can be used as separate components or integrated into a complete and seamless control system are available for all industries. The Beckhoff "New Automation Technology" philosophy represents universal and open control and automation solutions that are used worldwide in a wide variety of different applications, ranging from CNC-controlled machine tools to intelligent building automation.
The Role / Responsibilities
- Provide technical, application & software support to customers, including training at client sites or in-house facilities as required.
- Understand customers' automation requirements; and assist with the development of innovative solutions using Beckhoff's "New Automation Technology" products.
- Work closely with the sales team to ensure the most appropriate solution is being proposed; and by providing technical guidance, presentations & demonstrations using Beckhoff products.
- Become an expert in the field of automation and robotics using Beckhoff PC-Based Control and EtherCAT communication solutions.
- Strive for customer service excellence by responding promptly and diligently to customer enquiries.
- Maintain and develop positive and professional working relationships with colleagues and clients.
Required Qualifications / Skills
- Tertiary qualifications in Electrical, Electronic or Mechatronics Engineering or related discipline.
- Proven track record with a minimum 3 years of experience using Beckhoff systems or minimum 5 years using other PLC or PC-based automation systems.
- Strong technical background, with developed knowledge of automation techniques / software programming experience (IEC61131-3 programming)
- Experience within the New Zealand automation market is preferred.
- Experience with Servo systems, robotics and communication systems is preferred.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong initiative with the ability to work autonomously as well as within a team.
- High energy, enthusiasm and positive attitude.
North Shore, Auckland
What's in it for you?
- Competitive remuneration package and vehicle allowance
- Laptop, mobile phone
- Training will be supplied
- An opportunity to become an expert in the field of automation and robotics for a growing, dynamic, international company
- Supportive, knowledgeable and friendly work environment
- An opportunity to engage with a number of companies in various market sectors
- Unique opportunity to advance your career in the field of modern automation
How to apply
Please email your CV to email@example.com with subject: RE: BECKHOFF Application Engineer and include a cover letter stating why we should select you for this position.
Should your application be short listed, you will be contacted for an interview.
If you are not successful, you will be notified by email.
April 2019 start is available.
Applicants for this position should have NZ Citizenship or NZ Residency.