Data Migration Specialist - 6 month Contact
Advertiser: The Warehouse GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 23 Jan 2019
- Auckland, Rodney & North Shore
- Work Type
- Information & Communication Technology, Business/Systems Analysts
The Warehouse Group is on a journey to transform the future of retail. The retail world is changing faster than ever before and the need to be more responsive continuously improve is critical to support our objective of transforming ourselves towards customer centricity.
Responsible for planning and executing the data migration, including developing data migration and cleansing routines to be used for data loads and data cutover events, for the WMS Programme including supporting test phases and production cutover activities.
Potential Start date: February 2019 till July 2019
- Responsible for the design of a data migration approach to be used for the lifecycle of the WMS Programme
- Responsible for defining any data cleansing activities and approach that need to be taken on source data systems prior to migration/transformation/load.
- Analyse data in source systems and define data migration technical specifications
- Responsible for planning and delivering data preparation, converting and migration activities.
- Develop and unit test data migration routines to ensure they meet technical specifications.
- Ensure that converted data meets the data quality standards and in accordance with the target system data designs.
- Specify approach for business reconciliation and validation of the data migrations.
- Report status, risks and issues into Deployment Lead
3-5 years demonstrated experience in complex data migration projects such as ERP implementations and/or large WMS system rollouts. Ability to code in SQL or PSQL is preferable.
Benefits of working for us:
You'll get to see the huge impact that you have on New Zealanders - did you know that 98% of New Zealanders shop at The Warehouse? We're an iconic kiwi brand who loves technology and providing awesome experiences for our customers through the beauty of technology. You'll get to play a huge part in improving the retail experience for New Zealanders.
We've got an awesome North Shore location with views across the Waitemata Harbour and an onsite café.
The Warehouse Group is constantly evolving and growing, this is a great opportunity to grow with us.
If you’re keen to join the team who are changing the future of retail in New Zealand, apply now!