Advertiser: McVeagh FlemingMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 23 Jan 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Legal, Legal Secretaries
At McVeagh Fleming, our people are our greatest asset. The firm has an emphasis on teamwork and we pride ourselves on maintaining a good work-life balance.
We have a position for an experienced Legal Secretary who is wanting to take the next step in their career. You will be working with a Senior Associate in our Commercial & Property team, providing PA & Legal Executive support. This role would ideally suit someone who is looking to develop their career within the legal industry, building your knowledge base and skills in commercial and property law.
Duties for this role will include:
- Managing conveyancing files from start to finish
- Liaising with local bodies, insurance companies, solicitors, clients, lending institutions, councils & courts
- Typing and preparing documentation, printed forms, correspondence, tax invoices, settlement statements and memos
- Attending to clients when the Author is unavailable
- Preparing accounts forms, receipt and cheque requisitions, file titles
- Preparing and requesting Company and LINZ registrations
Other than a positive attitude and a willingness to learn, you will also need:
- a minimum of 2 years Legal Secretary experience
- excellent written and verbal English language skills
- the ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure
- accurate and efficient typing skills
- to be proficient in MS Word
- to be detail orientated
- prior experience in conveyancing and Landonline eDealings
This is a full time, permanent role and will be based at our Queen Street office in the CBD.
If you believe that you have what we are looking for, then please apply via seek or email your CV and cover letter to
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have in a legal secretary role?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- What's your expected annual base salary?