Accounts Payable Assistant - Full Time
Advertiser: OnceitMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 Jan 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Accounts Payable
A great opportunity to join a fast paced, growing and innovative NZ grown brand – Onceit
We're looking for someone who has accounts payable experience to join our small motivated finance team based in Newmarket, Auckland. You'll be working with our Finance Manager/Accountant to help keep our valued suppliers happy.
Onceit is one of NZs fastest growing on-line fashion and lifestyle retailers. We source and sell premium designer fashion products across a range of categories including apparel, home, accessories & beauty from local and international brands through our successful website and app. From humble beginnings, we’ve quickly grown into a business serving over 520,000 delighted members throughout NZ and Australia. This position is based in our office in Newmarket, Auckland, hours are 8.30am to 5.00pm.
Team fit and a clear alignment with our company values are critical. We have an extraordinary and youthful team and are super-friendly. We work hard and get a lot done, but we also know how to have fun with monthly company lunches and regular killer social functions. There are great perks with this role and top of the list has to be our amazing staff buying privileges.
How you will help us:
- Management and payment of accounts payable monthly supplier invoices
- Daily management of the accounts inbox, e-filing invoices, uploading into Xero and answering queries
- Processing of daily urgent proforma payments
- Reconciliation and initial approval of 20th invoices
- Processing and analysing freight invoices
- Processing of faulty or under supply credits from suppliers requiring clear communication skills
We need someone with:
- NZ Citizenship or residency
- A positive attitude – we strive for a happy and energised work place
- Medium level of accounts/book keeping skills
- Previous accounts payable experience, we expect you to know how to read and reconcile a monthly statement with aging balances, some of our statements have 30 invoices
- Xero experience preferable
- Excellent command of the English language and ability to communicate with suppliers with respect and good written prose
- Solid Excel and Word skills and fast computer navigation
- Fast work pace - we have a large number of invoices to process so computer speed is essential
- Attention to detail and ability to concentrate for long periods
- A love of numbers
- A high level of attention to detail
- A team player, can do attitude
What we will give you (currently):
- Being part of a great, friendly team
- Weekly office gathering so everyone is up to speed with what other teams are up to
- Staff discount on Onceit products
- Gym membership discount
- Dog friendly office
- Fun events and staff lunches every month
- Espresso coffee
Our Onceit Values
- Positive culture – positive attitude, ability to overcome challenges, creating positive work environment
- Encourage creativity - advancement – improving process’ creatively
- Ship quickly, be agile, be lean – constant improvement in role and workplace
- Open communication – Clear understanding of role responsibilities and KPI’s, clear communication internally, suppliers & customers, honesty.
- Be the best at wow service – care about customers, wow stories, member ambassadors
- Make s**t happen – make Onceit more efficient, if something needs doing get it done, muck in
- Work hard, have fun – celebrate success, work hard to achieve the goal, put in the time
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years of accounts payable experience do you have?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have reconciliations experience?