Advertiser: TP Mechanical and Engineering LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 18 Jan 2019
- Auckland, Manukau & East Auckland
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Welding and Fabrication Workshop and Site Supervisor/Manager to join our busy and expanding team based in South Auckland.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and driven Welding and Fabrication Supervisor/Manager who wishes to progress within a dynamic and rapidly expanding engineering firm.
- Oversee the workshop floor team to ensure all targets and deadlines are met
- Maximizing productivity at all times
- Maintaining and improving excellent work standards
- Ensuring all staff are trained to the required level
- Exercise own judgment and initiative and work with limited supervision
- To identify potential improvements and successfully implement changes
- Lead a culture of continuous process improvements
- Utilise company and client standards and guidelines and promote best practice
- To produce reports and statistics on performance as and when required
- To ensure that all requirements under health and safety legislation are adhered to
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience managing staff within an Engineering company
- Proven track record of a good hands on skill set
- Ability to work under pressure in a hands on environment
- Self-motivated and have excellent attention to detail
- Good IT skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have a Welding/fabrication background
- Hold a Full and current NZ Drivers Licence
Please note that due to the nature of the role all candidates must already be eligible to both live and work in the New Zealand to be considered.
Successful applicants may be subject to D&A testing.
Please send your CV and Covering Letter for this role to email@example.com . Applications close on Wednesday 30th January 2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a mechanical engineer?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you completed a qualification in engineering?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?