Advertiser: Protempo LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Feb 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Financial Accounting & Reporting
The role of Group Accountant is a key member of the team, and we are looking for energetic, adaptable and positive person, eager to make a significant contribution to the Group's continued success.
The Group: Protempo is a global distributor of consumer electronics products and works closely with many of the world’s best-known brands including: Microsoft, Google, Amazon, and Apple. With subsidiaries and offices in NZ, Australia, US, Canada and The Netherlands the Group has grown both its Revenue and profitability in the last few years and achieved 2nd place in the 2017 Deloitte Masters of Growth awards. The company has a flat structure and actively encourages all its employees to contribute and innovate to drive the company’s performance.
The company recognises the need to drive its productivity and efficiency by embracing the use of the latest technology – to delivery operational effectiveness, first class customer service and competitive advantage. The Group uses the Cloud based Netsuite ERP system and add-ons for all its operational and financial reporting.
The Group Accountant will be a key member of the team, and we are seeking for a forward looking and positive person, eager to challenge established processes and uses of data to drive the operation forward and make a significant contribution to the Group’s continued success.
- To drive the continued improvement of the Groups financial reporting and control function.
- To scale the finance department to meet the needs of a rapidly growing and agile organisation.
- Ensure full compliance with accounting and taxation reporting deadlines.
- Preparation of the Group and Subsidiary Company's Management and Financial accounts.
- Preparing the Group's tax returns
- Managing and mentoring the accounting team.
- Ensuring compliance with international reporting requirements and deadlines.
- Overseeing and ensuring the effectiveness of organisations Financial and Operational controls.
- Identifying operational efficiencies.
- Assisting with budgeting and forecasting process
- Preparing analysis and commentary on the financial performance for the Board
- Liaising with our overseas banking and accounting services partners
Skills and Experience:
A CA with experience of international operations and reporting. Familiarity with Netsuite an advantage. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- The ability and determination to make a significant contribution to the continued success of the company.
- To bring a fresh perspective and challenge convention.
- Be able work effectively with the other team members and within the team culture.
Applications close on the 8th February 2019
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have in an accounting role?
- Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?