Junior Estimator | Wellington Region
Advertiser: G.J. Gardner Homes Kapiti/WellingtonMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jan 2019
- Wellington, Porirua & Kapiti Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Estimating
G. J. Gardner Homes Kapiti/Wellington are looking to recruit a Junior Estimator with a strong passion for the building industry, and desire to achieve our vision of having 'every customer recommend us to their closest friend'
While some experience in Estimating is preferable, it is not a prerequisite. We’re looking for someone with an exceptional work ethic who is hungry and driven to forge a career with New Zealand’s most trusted builder. You may be working in a similar role, or be someone who has experience in construction, project management or admin, has a relevant tertiary or trade qualification, or is looking to come off the tools and progress your career.
This is a full time permanent role working from our office in Paraparaumu where you will report to the Franchise Owner and work alongside our current Estimator.
The key responsibilities of the role include: assisting to prepare accurate and timely cost estimates for jobs; preparing job orders; ensuring invoices from suppliers and subbies are correct; providing support to the sales team with pricing of quotes; and updating pricing and systems where necessary. The right candidate will be offered ample opportunities for ongoing training and development.
To be successful in this role you will require:
- A natural aptitude for numbers, maths and problem solving.
- Strong computer literacy, with particular competence working with MS Excel spreadsheets.
- Confidence to learn and navigate new software.
- A keen eye for detail and be somewhat of a perfectionist by nature.
- Capability to read, or quickly learn to read building plans.
- Ability to listen, communicate well and work collaboratively with the team.
- Ideally you will have an analytical and an inquisitive mind with the confidence to ask questions.
- Have a high level of interpersonal skills and ability to establish rapport quickly.
- Be an organised self-starter with a strong desire to achieve success.
If you believe you have the desire and commitment to become a high performing team member, apply today to start your exciting career with New Zealand's favourite home builder!
Click 'Apply for this job' and get your cover letter and CV to us today!! Or get in touch for further information:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years of estimating experience do you have?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have in the construction industry?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?