Assistant Accountant/ Accountant
Advertiser: IE MoneyMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jan 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
Who we are
Situated in the heart of the Auckland CBD, IE Financial Services (IEFS) which began in 2012 as a firm in the cross-border FX settlement market has grown to be a unique financial services provider. IEFS now offers a range of financial products and services, including international remittances, Alipay and WeChat mobile payment and financial solutions. We are a global company with a presence in Auckland, Sydney and Beijing.
Our growth has not stopped here. We are now seeking to leverage our capabilities in the wider financial technology market. To enable this, we have established an entity in Australia that will drive this initiative.
Our environment is friendly and collaborative. Whilst we look to grow as a business, we would like to see our team grow as individuals and hence seek to provide development and learning opportunities.
We are seeking a strong technical accountant to help the FC/CFO manage the financial and management reporting for the Australian based parent company and its NZ subsidiary. Whilst being technically strong, you also have a commercial minded to assist in the growth and development of the business. We would expect you to:
- Take ownership of the management and statutory reporting (and all the transaction recoding associated with it).
- Manage the budgeting process to deliver commercial outcomes.
- Support the growth of the business with your knowledge and experience.
In all this, you will be backed by the Finance team and supported by the FC/CFO.
You will bring with you:
- University accounting degree and/or studying towards professional accounting qualification
- Minimum 3 years work experience which includes management and financial reporting, taxation and analytics (CA experience will be highly valued)
- MS Excel advanced user + Xero experience (well regarded)
- Ability to speak English and Mandarin (well regarded)
- Heaps of flexibility
What you need to do now
To apply please send your resume to IE Financial Services (IEFS) on email@example.com. Please attach a covering letter outlining your skills, salary expectations and availability.
NOTE: Although we welcome overseas queries, applicants must have a valid NZ Work Visa or NZ Residency or NZ Citizenship to be considered for this role. Applicants without the above may not get responded to.
Further requirements for the successful applicant are;
- The ability to speak and write both English and Mandarin fluently; and
- The capability to regularly spend protracted periods of time out of town working on projects.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have in an accounting role?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have experience using Microsoft Excel?
- Do you have experience completing ad hoc and month end reporting?