Systems Controller - Trainee
Advertiser: First Gas LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jan 2019
- Taranaki, New Plymouth
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Other
First Gas Limited owns and operates New Zealand’s high pressure gas transmission system, which transports natural gas from Taranaki to industrial consumers throughout the North Island. Our transmission assets span more than 2,200 kilometres, include numerous compressor stations and an underground gas storage site. These are collectively valued at more than $1 billion. Supplementing its transmission system, First Gas owns gas distribution networks that supply more than 60,000 North Island businesses and homes. First Gas’ assets provide essential and strategically important infrastructure that support the New Zealand economy, and we are committed to ensuring that our customers obtain maximum value from using our pipeline system.
First Gas is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to inclusion and diversity. Our goal is to have a diverse workforce which reflects New Zealand’s society. This helps us create a culture which supports innovation by encouraging diversity of thought to come up with new ideas, make better decisions and ultimately become a more successful business.
The role is based in Bell Block, New Plymouth, in our Systems Control team. Reporting to the Systems Control Manager, the role will be responsible for controlling and coordinating operations on the Transmission System to support the safe, reliable and economic transportation of gas, on a 24/7 shift rotation / callout basis.
This includes scheduling of gas under pipeline operating codes, control of the pipeline operation, oversight of field activities on the network, and provision & validation of gas related data for the wider gas industry.
Who we are looking for:
As a Systems Controller, you may have just completed a relevant degree qualification, or a technical trade qualification, and be looking to start building your longer-term career in an operational environment. Some experience in the oil & gas industry would be beneficial, but would not be essential. This position would provide the opportunity to gain or broaden those skills and experiences. You will have a solid ability to use Microsoft software, good written communication skills, and enjoy working with a range of people to ensure safe and reliable system operations. You will have an eye for detail and be decisive.
- Competitive remuneration and benefits
- Opportunity to contribute to a newly created business focused on growth
- Opportunity for personal and career development to realise ambitious plans for system use and growth
- Work in a complex, challenging environment within a high performing team
- Build and deliver a strategic plan on an infrastructure of national importance
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Relevant degree or trade qualification (ideally technical, but not necessarily essential)
- Desire to gain oil & gas industry experience, and build a career
- Analytical and fault-finding skills
- A commitment to safety
- Be able to manage multiple priorities and work with other people
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- High level of computer and software literacy
- Be a strong team player capable of interacting professionally with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work to timeframes and meet commitments made
- Ability to manage situations effectively and understand when an issue needs to be escalated
If this sounds like a business you want to contribute to and grow your career then please apply online.
Note: If you apply for this position via Seek you will receive a follow up email advising you that some additional information is required and providing a link to follow. The additional information required is the completion of the downloadable Application Form to be found at the bottom of the linked page.
Applications Close: 25-January-2019
For a copy of the Job Description visit https://www.qjumpers.co.nz/48739/desc/