Customer Service & Voice Helpdesk Technician
Advertiser: Vadacom LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jan 2019
- Auckland, Rodney & North Shore
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
We are a leading NZ phone technology company supplying businesses a top cloud based phone service and exciting mobile app.
We are a Takapuna based team taking on the big multi-national competitors by producing beautiful software. Follow the link below to see the what we do:
We are looking for people to work in a team that provides support for our Buddy IP Voice software for customers in NZ and internationally.
Vadacom are looking for a Technician to be the front-line for both technical and non-technical enquiries.
The successful candidate will have the ability to remotely troubleshoot and resolve issues based on what's usually a non-technical explanation of the fault from end-users so being able think critically and on the fly is very important.
Your day-to-day role will see you working with a variety of customers both in New Zealand and abroad, through email and phone as well as being included onsite for end user training and technical support as needed.
The role is fast paced and will require you to up-skill and learn the products and process on the job. Because of this your ability to soak up new information while approaching every new request with a critical thinking eye will be very important to your success.
You'll be expected to discern what's needs attention now and what can be deferred to later while keeping in mind the understanding that a company's phone system is the life-blood of their business, and when a customer calls you'll need to be able to juggle the call along with prioritizing email requests and other tasks.
Key skills & experience you'll need :
- Basic knowledge of Linux & CLI skills will be highly advantageous
- Excellent articulation with superb written and professional verbal communication
- Logical and methodical troubleshooting ability
- Basic networking knowledge
- Basic understanding of SIP and IP Telephony
- Fundamentals in patching / cabling
- Solid understanding of NZ telecommunications industry (Porting numbers etc)
- Proven track record showing you can provide customers with the best support they have ever had.
You will ideally:
- Have an easy-going but confident phone manner
- Be well spoken and polite
- Have flawless spelling and grammar
- Remain calm under pressure
- Drivers licence and reliable vehicle
It is expected that Applicants will be located or looking to be located in the greater Auckland region and must legally be allowed to work in New Zealand.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have experience working in a technical support role?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)
- How many years' experience do you have as a support engineer?