Market Development ManagerPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jan 2019
- Auckland, Rodney & North Shore
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sales, New Business Development
Are you a hands-on hunter who loves closing a deal? Would you like the opportunity to work with some of New Zealand's largest organisations? Do you have experience in the IT or Solutions Sales Market?
As a global organization, we are a leading provider of data collection solutions, enterprise mobility, label printing and software solutions to large and small enterprises. Based on the North Shore in Albany, we are seeking a motivated and energetic Market Development Manager (MDM).
The Market Development Manager's responsibilities are to ensure financial budgets are achieved, grow business, and help to generate and execute sales.
You must be a natural new business hunter who also possesses great account management skills. We are looking for an outstanding team player with excellent English communication skills and the ability to connect and work with people at all levels within the organisation.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have experience in Business Development preferably within the IT industry or similar
- Have a new business focus - but there are a number of established strategic accounts to hit the ground running
- Have a proven track record of sales success and marketing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – confident writing tenders and presenting to large groups
- Energy, drive, determination, resilience and the ability to take internal and external stakeholders on the journey with you
About The Role:
- You will be developing and growing a customer base within your defined market
- This is primarily a solution-focused sell where you will fact find, establish needs and then sell to those needs within the company product portfolio
- You will immerse yourself in the target market and maintain a strong and growing network of referral sources and partner businesses
- It would be advantageous (but not essential) to have previous experience selling B2B solutions in the Retail sector (e.g. POS, ERP etc.)
You will be asked the following questions when you apply:
- Are you eligible to work in New Zealand?
- How many years experience do you have in a similar role?
- What is your expected annual salary?
- Do you have relevant sales experience?
This position comes with a great career path for the right person.
If you think you have the experience, skills and personality to make a success of this exciting new role, we'd like to hear from you today!
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years of business development experience do you have?
- Do you have experience in a sales role?
- What's your expected annual base salary?