Legal Secretarial Coordinator
Advertiser: Luke Cunningham ClereMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jan 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Legal, Legal Secretaries
Luke Cunningham Clere is a medium sized law firm based in Wellington's CBD. As the Wellington Crown Solicitor’s office we undertake criminal prosecutions, regulatory enforcement and litigation for the Crown. We have expanding civil litigation, public law, and professional disciplinary practices acting for a wide range of Crown and other entities. You will find out more about us by visiting our website at www.lcc.co.nz
We are looking for an experienced Legal Secretary to lead our secretarial team.
You will provide PA/secretarial support to Partners (currently 5) and solicitors (currently 1) and oversee and manage the workload of the two other secretaries in your team.
Key responsibilities include:
• Managing two direct reports
• Providing PA support to Partners
• Scheduling and organising client functions and seminars
• Diary management
• Preparation of correspondence and presentations
• Monthly billing and client reporting
• Opening new client matters
• Administrative support including e-mail management, filing, photocopying etc
• Using practice and document management software
• Dictation typing
This is a full time role. A job description is available on request.
Skills and Attributes
You will be self-motivated with a "can do attitude". Your enthusiastic and proactive approach will be crucial to achieving success in this role. You will be engaged and interested in what is happening in the firm. You will have a keen eye for detail, great interpersonal skills and the ability to multitask whilst providing support to a highly skilled and very busy professional team.
You will be an enthusiastic, hardworking and reliable person who:
• has previous management or supervisory experience
• has previous secretarial experience
• is proactive and constantly looking for ways in which you can assist
• is adept at building relationships with a wide range of people and personalities both across and outside of the firm
• good typing speed
• is experienced in using Microsoft office products (including PowerPoint)
Why join our team?
Our team are passionate about what they do. We foster a collegial environment where a problem solving approach and fresh thinking is welcomed and valued. In return you will be rewarded with the satisfaction of a job well done, and the buzz that comes from being part of a supportive team who enjoy the work they do.
If you are interested in this role please apply by sending your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close Monday 4 February 2019 but applications will be considered and progressed as they are received as the incumbent finishes on 15 February 2019.
You must be a NZ Citizen or have permanent residency to apply for this position.
No agencies please.