CHILDREN & YOUTH SUPPORT WORK (Casual)
Advertiser: Key Assets FosteringMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jan 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
Casual CHILDREN AND YOUTH SUPPORT Work (Christchurch)
About the role - Children/Youth Support Workers are responsible for supporting our young people placed in foster care families. This work is varied and includes providing planned goal focussed individual mentoring, ongoing support, pair and group work, transportation and may include supervising family contact.
Key Assets – The Children's Services Provider is a dynamic not-for-profit community service organisation providing high quality and innovative therapeutic support to families looking after vulnerable children and young people in Foster Care. We are committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce
To be successful in this role you will have empathy and an enormous passion to making a positive and lasting difference to our children and young people's lives.
- Providing various types of support to children and youth placed in foster care
- Collaborative support, advocating for the child and participation in our Team Parenting model
- Assist in care / behaviour plans for our children and young people
- Completion of required documentation, for operational compliance
- Ensure compliance of business policies and child protection procedures
Experience and Skills Required
- Be energetic and enthusiastic, have a passion for working with children and young people
- Proven experience in Youth work
- Be confident and able to deal with difficult situations
- Current New Zealand "Full" driver license, is a must and your own insured/registered vehicle
- Availability during afternoons, early evenings and weekends
- Applicants must reside in New Zealand to be eligible for consideration
- Must be willing to undergo relevant statutory and personal checks
- First Aid Certificate is preferred
This role may suit someone who is currently studying youth work, social work or education.
Applications close Friday 25th January. Interviews for short listed candidates will be held in Christchurch on the 29th January.
To apply for this role please forward your cover letter and CV to email@example.com
KEY ASSETS THE CHILDREN'S SERVICES PROVIDER is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.