IT Support Engineer
Advertiser: McKechnie Aluminium Solutions LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Jan 2019
- Taranaki, New Plymouth
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
We're looking for someone with a passion for problem solving and customer service, who can think innovatively and creatively.
McKechnie Aluminium is New Zealand's leading fully integrated Aluminium Extrusion, Finishing and Fabrication Specialist. We are focused on delivering quality extruded products and precision engineered components that fit seamlessly into our customer's product range. Through building strong relationships and leveraging our advanced thinking and integrated service we are able to take on challenges and imagine solutions that others can't.
- The role will be the first point of contact for users when they experience IT related problems so outstanding customer service, communication and problem solving skills are essential.
- You will provide solutions to organisational information problems and requirements by analysing requirements, applying computer programs, recommending system controls and protocols.
- You need to be innovative and create solutions within given parameters.
- You will need to manage your priorities through effective time management skills.
- You will need to apply sound project management practices when implementing new systems or changes.
You must have several years of experience with most or all of the following:
- IBM ISeries - operations support, support, administration and day to day support of Users.
- Ability to do queries from ISeries
- RPG programming experience
- Movex ERP knowledge
- Windows Server environment - administration and troubleshooting of active directory, Exchange, and RDS
- Administration of Security products - e.g. Mail Marshall, Web Marshall and Trend
- Setting up and administration of PCs, thin client devices, printers etc.
- Basic administration of phones and users within NEC PBX
- Setting up of mobile phones
- Skills and knowledge in Microsoft Office environment
A relevant tertiary qualification in IT or Computer Science is desirable.
Applicants MUST currently have the legal right to work in NZ .
To apply for this job go to: mckechnie.recruitmenthub.co.nz & enter ref code: 4518578.
Applications close 01 February 2019