Festival Lead Programmer/Curator, part-time contract to September
Advertiser: Verve-The Event AgencyMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Jan 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- Work Type
- Marketing & Communications, Other
WLG-X is a brand-new festival being held in Wellington over 5 days in September 2019. WLG-X is a festival of Tech, Design, Film and Music focussing on the intersection of these creative industries.
This annual event will be held across multiple venues with both a daytime and night-time programme attracting thousands of people moving between events and experiences.
Work with us to make WLG-X the ‘must attend’ event in New Zealand, creating FOMO for those who can’t make it to Wellington in September and reaching our goal to be the “best creative festival in the pacific”.
This contract is for 20 hours a week to end September.
The person in this role will play a pivotal role in successfully creating a financially viable programme of business sessions, showcases and entertainment that delivers on the goals of the festival.
You will be working with the individual category curators and the Programme Advisory Board to produce a vibrant, engaging and unique festival programme focussing on tech, design, film and music. We’ll be looking to identify and attract the best talent into the festival’s programme – through invitation and via the call for submission process.
And… we’re a start-up so this is your opportunity to make your mark and take the lead. However, also means we have tight budgets so you’ll need to be instinctive and innovative with your approach.
You’ll be working in a fast paced, high energy environment, often juggling priorities. If you love a challenge, are used to rolling up your sleeves and getting on with it and have heaps of initiative then you are just what we are looking for.
Do you have what it takes to be WLG-X’s new Lead Programmer/Curator?
- A creative thinker, someone who comfortable sharing and promoting new ideas
- Knowledge of and networks in one or more of the tech and/or design industry sectors and understanding of film and music
- Experience of curating programme content for a festival or event.
- Committed work ethic with high integrity
- Capable of prioritising tasks and work to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Likeable personality and great team player
- Willing to be flexible with working hours
Ready to apply? Make it easy for us to assess your application:
- Read the job description
- Check the minimum criteria - you must be a NZ citizen or have a work permit that covers the time of the contract.
- Make sure your CV is relevant to this position
- Write a covering letter that covers what we are looking for and why you think you’re the best candidate for the job. Show us what you have! (we prefer Word Docs)
- Include your expected hourly rate and when you can start
- Answer the question in the application
This position will close as soon as we find the right person so please don't delay in getting your application in.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?