Festival Marketing and Communications Lead - part-time contract to September
Advertiser: Verve-The Event AgencyMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Jan 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- Work Type
- Marketing & Communications, Other
WLG-X is a brand-new festival being held in Wellington over 5 days in September 2019. WLG-X is a festival of Tech, Design, Film and Music focussing on the intersection of these creative industries.
This annual event will be held across multiple venues with both a daytime and night-time programme attracting thousands of people moving between events and experiences.
Work with us to make WLG-X the ‘must attend’ event in New Zealand, creating FOMO for those who can’t make it to Wellington in September and reaching our goal to be the “best creative festival in the pacific”.
This position is for 20 hours a week until end of September.
This role will play a pivotal part in successfully building the new Festival’s community, generating media interest and selling tickets. As the MarComms Lead we will look to you to ‘own’ the role taking responsibility for how we talk to our audiences and come up with unique and effective ways of keeping them engaged.
And… we’re a start-up so this is your opportunity to make your mark and take the lead. However, also means we have tight budgets so you’ll need to be instinctive and innovative with your approach.
You’ll be working in a fast paced, high energy environment, often juggling priorities. If you love a challenge, are used to rolling up your sleeves and getting on with it and have heaps of initiative then you are just what we are looking for.
Do you have what it takes to be WLG-X’s new Marketing and Communications Lead?
- A creative thinker, someone who comfortable sharing and promoting new ideas
- Knowledge of the one or more industry sector – tech, design film, music
- Committed work ethic with high integrity
- Knowledge of media and marketing planning, implementation and evaluation including audience development
- Experience working across multiple platforms including print and online, and particularly digital media
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong planning, time management and organisational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work to deadlines
- Experience in generating content for media, social platforms and websites
- Strong technical skills including working with web content management systems, email delivery systems and social media platforms
- Experience of working with designers and print production
- Likeable personality and great team player
- Willing to be flexible with working hours
Ready to apply? Make it easy for us to assess your application:
- Read the job description
- Check the minimum criteria - you must be a NZ citizen or have a work permit that covers the time of the contract.
- Make sure your CV is relevant to this position
- Write a covering letter that covers what we are looking for and why you think you’re the best candidate for the job. Show us what you have! (we prefer Word Docs)
- Include your expected hourly rate and when you can start
- Answer the question in the application
This position will close as soon as we find the right person so please don't delay in getting your application in.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?