Pick and Packer
Advertiser: Oriental Merchant Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Jan 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Warehousing, Storage & Distribution
About the business
Oriental Merchant (NZ) Ltd is an established importer/distributor of authentic Asian groceries, supplying supermarkets and stores with brands that are familiar throughout the Asia Pacific. We are pleased with what we have achieved in growing and expanding Asian food categories in New Zealand. We are looking for an experiences warehouse assistant to join the team in our Mt Wellington, AKL warehouse.
About the role
This position works 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm (full time) with potential for overtime.
The environment is busy and requires a high attention to detail and awareness of your surroundings.
Skills and experience
- Fork lift truck license / order picking forklift / reach.
- Have a full driver's license.
- Experience working in a warehouse especially with management systems (scanner) is a great advantage.
- Be physically fit as work load varies in weight (25kg max).
- Able to focus on being accurate and productive.
- Be a fast learner.
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and think on your feet.
- Demonstrated reliability, punctuality and commitment to work.
If you meet the listed requirements and possess a genuine passion for Asian food, please send us your resume and cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Which of the following forklift licences do you have?
- How many years' experience do you have as a warehouse assistant?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?