Unqualified Teaching Assistant - Te Atatu Village Kindergarten (Fixed term)
Advertiser: Auckland Kindergarten AssociationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Jan 2019
- Auckland, Waitakere & West Auckland
- Work Type
- Education & Training, Teaching - Early Childhood
Te Atatu Village Kindergarten is currently seeking a part time, Teaching Assistant to join their dedicated team for a fixed term from January 2019 until July 2019, to cover a period of parental leave.
This is a part time, 16 hours per week position, working 4 days a week.
This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to the life of our kindergarten where our passionate teaching team work with children to develop their interests and encourage, inspire and nurture their love of learning. We are looking for someone who enjoys working with children, is reliable, hardworking and a team player with a cheerful disposition.
Ideal Job Holder Requisites:
- Previous experience working with young children and families, ideally in a Kindergarten or Early Childhood Education setting
- Excellent and supportive interpersonal communication skills - including an ability to listen fully and carefully, to explain and create understanding; to build and maintain positive relationships; and to relate to a wide range of people
- Flexibility, adaptability, tolerance and perseverance
- Commitment to provision of a high quality AKA kindergarten service, including a respect for our philosophy of learning through play
- Experience and commitment in working as part of a team as well as individually, and in undertaking wider Kindergarten tasks as assigned
- Attention to detail
- Ability to retain confidentiality
- Ability to align with and promote AKA mission and values
We do encourage applicants to visit the kindergarten before applying for the position.
The terms and conditions of this position are set out in the Kindergarten Associations Support Staff Collective Agreement.
You must have the legal right to work in New Zealand to be considered for this position.
Applications close: 24 January 2019
Please note: We will be processing applications as they come in and may interview and appoint before the published closing date.