Non Teaching Dean
Advertiser: Massey High SchoolMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Jan 2019
- Auckland, Waitakere & West Auckland
- Work Type
- Education & Training, Teaching - Secondary
"Massey High School is seeking to employ a dedicated, adaptable, and passionate person to join our support staff and work as part of our pastoral care team as a non-teaching Dean, (full time/40 hours per week) assisting our young men and women through dedicated pastoral care to achieve to their potential and work productively in school.
This is a great opportunity for a supportive person to join the pastoral team at Massey High School.
NOTE: This position is for a fixed term until 14 December 2019, however may extend beyond this date.
We are seeking a responsible and approachable individual who will offer essential support to the Deans on all student/parent issues within a specified group of students from Year 9 to Year 13.
You will be well organised and have high expectations of attendance, behaviour, attainment, and dress of all students. You will have experience working with young people in a pastoral care context and be passionate about motivating students to achieve the best outcomes possible.
- Identify problems, generate solutions and make decisions
- Work as part of a school team
- Effectively manage own workload
- Able to work effectively with families and other stakeholders
- Keeping and maintaining accurate records
- IT literate
- Be self-motivated and work productively with minimal supervision
- Recent experience working with Youth and their Whanau
- Is able to identify risk and make sound decisions leading to positive outcomes
- Is able to supervise and lead Youth activities and Holiday programs
- Experience working in schools with youth in a pastoral care context preferred.
- Social Work Degree or Youth Work Degree is desirable but not required
- Training in Restorative Practice is desirable
- Current First Aid
- Full Drivers Licence
To apply for this position in the first instance please email your CV and cover letter to the Principal's P.A. Elaine Curtis at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Friday 1 February @ 4pm
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- Do you have a current Police Check (Criminal Record Check) for employment?