Advertiser: Champion Flour Milling LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Jan 2019
- Bay of Plenty, Tauranga
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Machine Operators
Champion Flour Milling Ltd is recognised as NZ’s leading flour and premix manufacturer for the retail, bakery service and industrial markets, Champion’s manufacturing sites are based at Mt Maunganui and Christchurch.
Our Mt Maunganui site has a long and proud history in the Bay of Plenty area and produces a range of specialised cereal-based food products across multiple production.
We are currently looking for a Shift Miller to assist the Mill Manager in the smooth, safe and continuous operation of the mill on a Permanent Full-Time basis.
You will be responsible for the optimum utilisation of a flour mill and ensure that all safety and quality requirements are adhered to.
- Co-ordinate with relevant authorities to oversee safe and efficient unloading of bulk shipments
- Liaison with transport operators when loading bulk orders to customers
- Carry out any preventive maintenance to plant and equipment as stated in the BWM
- Actively support and recommend any continuous improvement initiatives that will reduce complexity and increase productivity
- Ensure all relevant documentation is completed relevant to production and quality parameters
- Maintain GMP standards and complete corrective actions on audit reports
- Ensure Health & Safety performance is integrated into business day to day activities
- Completed qualification in Modules 1-7 Flour Milling (NABIM)
- Previous experience in the FMCG environment
- Excellent writing and verbal skills
- Excellent planning skills
- Ability to adapt to the manufacturing demands
- Ability to work on a 7 – day shift rotation
If you consider you have the skills and attributes to meet the demands of this role please apply by close of business Thursday 24th January 2019 with a CV and covering letter.
Those shortlisted for an interview may be required to carry out a pre-employment medical which would include drug and alcohol testing.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
- How many years' experience do you have with project planning and scheduling?
- What's your highest level of education?