Health & Disability - Advocate
Advertiser: National Advocacy TrustMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Jan 2019
- Wellington, Porirua & Kapiti Coast
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Other
The National Advocacy Trust, who provide the Nationwide Health and Disability Advocacy Service are seeking a suitably experienced person to become an advocate.
Part-time – 28 hours
Based in our Newtown office, the successful person will provide advocacy for Porirua, Kapiti, and Paraparaumu and cover for other areas upon request.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have proven experience in resolving complaints between the parties
- Demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a calm professional approach in activities associated with work
- Show exceptional organisational and time management skills
- Be able to work alone and as part of a regional and national team
- Have the ability to engage and build community links
- Be a confident educator
- Hold a clean, current driver’s licence and have their own vehicle to use for work travel
- Enjoy the occasional night away from home for professional development/training
To be considered for this role, you must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Cover letter, cv resume and the names of three referees, one of whom must be your current manager, are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position description is available upon request. Applications close 12 midday Thursday 24 January 2019.
Applications from people who have previously been unsuccessful will not be reconsidered.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?