Advertiser: Jet Cleaning Services Ltd.More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Jan 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
About the business
Who we are.
Jet Cleaning Services is a nationwide, family-owned commercial cleaning and hygiene services provider based in Auckland, New Zealand.
Our trusted team of professionals pride themselves on delivering first class results through full-service solutions. That is why today we have the great fortune of servicing over two hundred of the best brands (and for the best minds) in New Zealand business.
About the role
Who we're looking for.
Right now, we're looking for an Assistant Accountant superstar. Sitting under the accounting and finance umbrella, the purpose of the Assistant Accountant is to provide support to the accounting and finance department.
Reporting to the Accountant, the key responsibilities and accountabilities of the Assistant Accountant include, but are not limited to, the following:
- preparing and processing documentation related to accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- preparing margin reports.
- managing debtors and collections of outstanding and overdue amounts.
- conducting audits of franchise financial statements to ensure brand compliance.
- preparing reports and undertake research as directed.
- report on key performance indicators and distribute to appropriate team members.
- maintaining price list information;
- calculating, analysing, and investigating the costs of proposed expenditure, wages, and standard costs.
- managing fleet and fuel cards for support office staff, field service staff, and franchise members.
- completing those other tasks as directed by the Accountant, from time to time.
- contributing to other projects and initiatives led by other members within the organisation that benefit franchisees, franchise support office staff, and the wider organisation.
Benefits and perks
What's in it for you.
In addition to some hearty slaps on the back and warm fuzzies after a job well done, you can expect a competitive salary, great career opportunities and, the opportunity to work with a fantastic team of like-minded individuals hell-bent on helping others succeed, be it our clients or our partners.
Skills and experience
Who should apply?
We hire based on your fit with our company and whether your attitude aligns with our purpose - not necessarily on how you fit with a role description. If you're a team player who takes ownership, takes a personal interest in delivering above and beyond for everyone around you, and strives for excellence, then we want to hear from you. To us, attitude is everything - the rest can be taught.
That said, we'd be extra excited if you:
- previously demonstrated success in an accounting role.
- had completed tertiary education in accounting and finance.
Some must haves include:
- computer savviness, i.e. Microsoft Office suite.
- experience using different accounting packages. We use MYOB Greentree.
- great communication skills.
- incredible eye for detail and accuracy.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have in an accounting role?
- Have you completed a qualification in accounting?