Student Services & Internship Coordinator (6 Month Maternity Cover Contract)
Advertiser: International Studies AbroadMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Jan 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- $20 - $25 per hour
- Work Type
- Education & Training, Student Services
International Studies Abroad is seeking a Student Services and Internship Coordinator to support the functions of the Auckland office. This is a fixed term 6-month opportunity (to cover maternity leave), hourly rate contract starting on in February 2019 to August 2019, for a minimum of 15 hours per week with additional hours offered when required.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Source companies who will take interns, visiting placement sites as needed, problem solving
- Liaising with Internship Manager, coordinating placements and group placements
- Create relationships with NZ companies and pass theses contacts on to the Internships Manager to maintain
- Research opportunities for industry specific placements by emailing or cold calling NZ companies
- Provide student support, organise and lead cultural activities for ISA study abroad and internship participants in Auckland
- Liaise, as necessary, with local vendors and partners to ensure student care
- Some weekends and evening work necessary, must be willing to be on call in case of student emergencies
Preferred Qualities and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (or currently studying) in a field related to International Education, International Affairs, Foreign Language Teaching, Human Resources, Management or Marketing
- At least one year of experience living, working or studying in the United States or overseas
- Have an understanding of New Zealand culture, including Tikanga Maori.
- Have experience working with American students
- Applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in New Zealand at the time of the offer of employment
- Experience working with students, particularly leading groups of students
- Candidate must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, diplomatic, friendly, confident, articulate, and able to work effectively with different types of people
- Candidate must be able to multi-task affectively and work effectively under some pressure
- Candidate must be willing to work occasionally on some weekends
About International Studies Abroad (ISA)
- International Studies Abroad (ISA) has provided college students in the United States and Canada the opportunity to explore the world for over 25 years.
- The ISA Auckland Office supports students studying at two universities in Auckland and manages the ISA NZ Internship Program placing students into unpaid internship opportunities in NZ companies
- More information available at www.studiesabroad.com
To apply for the position please apply via Seek with your CV and Cover Letter, making sure to explain why you think you are the right person for the role.
Please note: All applicants must either be New Zealand Citizens, Permanent Residents or hold a valid New Zealand Work Visa
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your highest level of education?