Quality Assurance Technologist - Fixed Term Contract
Advertiser: GreenMount FoodsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Jan 2019
- Bay of Plenty, Tauranga
- Work Type
- Science & Technology, Food Technology & Safety
GreenMount Foods, Mount Maunganui - Quality Assurance Technologist – Fixed Term Contract
GreenMount Foods, based in Mount Maunganui, is a manufacturer of culinary stocks, frozen meals focusing primarily on international markets. For more about the company visit www.GreenMountfoods.co.nz
We have an opportunity for an energetic, motivated and customer focused person to join our Technical Team while the current incumbent is seconded overseas for 12 weeks. This position is a fixed term 12-week contract position. This position is ideal for a candidate, returning to work, returning to New Zealand after a spell overseas, or a new graduate.
Reporting to the Technical & Development Manager, the Quality Assurance Technologist will be focused; on maintaining and improving the company’s quality system. The preferred candidate will have a tertiary qualification in Food Technology, Process Engineering, Quality Management, or similar qualification or experience in the food industry.
This critical role is responsible for maintaining and improving the company’s quality system ensuring we produce safe food in compliance to the relevant regulations.
As the technical team is small you will be involved in all aspects of the department’s work.
You will need to be able to demonstrate excellent time management and organizational skills.
The person we are seeking is an individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills, who can develop strong relationships with production staff, to act as a successful champion for the company’s quality system.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the Company’s Quality System
- Ensuring regulatory compliance
- Hosting third party auditors
- Investigating and implementing corrective actions for customer complaints.
- Quality improvement projects
- Auditing existing process controls and implementing improvements
- HACCP, CCP and Food Safety reviews
- Staff Training
- Finished Product Release
- Microbiological sampling
Candidates must demonstrate:
- Strong technical capability
- Problem solving skills with a good understanding of root cause analysis
- Quality control principles
- Attention to detail in investigation and documentation
- Highly analytical
If you think you have what it takes to “make things happen” within a growing SME, please APPLY NOW with covering letter and CV to Mark Brown, Technical & Development Manager. Ph 027 807 2169 or email email@example.com
Applications close 1st February 2019
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Have you completed a qualification in food science?
- Have you worked in a role which requires experience with product research & development?