Activasian Community Co-ordinator
Advertiser: Sport AucklandMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Jan 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Sport & Recreation, Other
About the Organisation
Sport Auckland is a Regional Sports Trust with a vision to inspire our communities to live healthy active lifestyles.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and inspirational individual who aligns with and believes in our vision.
ActivAsian is a programme geared toward increasing sport and recreation participation within the Asian community and improving access to information about such opportunities For more information, please visit http://www.sportauckland.org.nz/ActivAsian-1/ActivAsian-Central-Auckland.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Plan, prepare, and assist delivery of ActivAsian programmes
- Effective marketing and promotion of programmes
- Volunteer recruitment and management
- Evaluation and documentation of outcomes
- Own the role of being an inspirational bridge builder between the Asian community and the wider community to achieve the programme outcomes.
- You possess excellent communication skills (oral and written) in English and Mandarin
- You are able to demonstrate cultural awareness and apply this to our work
- You have a clean full driver’s license and can work legally in New Zealand
- You are computer literate, particularly in the Microsoft Office suite
This is a full-time, 12 months fixed term role. The working hours and responsibilities are subject to change in accordance with the programmes and funding.
If you are interested in the position and committed to our vision please send your English CV and cover letter addressed to Tania Vaealiki, TaniaV@sportauckland.co.nz
Applications close on Friday 25th January 2019 at 5:00pm.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?