Community Sport Advisor
Advertiser: Sport AucklandMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Jan 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sport & Recreation, Other
About the Organisation
Sport Auckland is a Regional Sports Trust with a vision to inspire our communities to live healthy active lifestyles.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and inspirational individual who aligns with and believes in our vision and who is passionate about helping community sports clubs and organisations to be the best they can be in a constant changing environment.
Intentions include but not limited to:
- building a system that enables quality sport and active recreational opportunities for our young people
- reducing the barriers to and increasing participation in active recreation for our targeted populations
- building the capability of sports clubs and other organisations so they can deliver quality experiences to their members
- upskilling and increasing participation in coaching and volunteer work
- working on opening up more spaces for active recreation to take place
- You can own the role of being an inspirational bridge builder to achieve our intentions
- Leadership, Collaboration, Passion and Respect are values that you embrace.
- You possess excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- You are able to demonstrate a clear understanding of and embrace cultural diversity and all its associated elements.
- You have in-depth working experience and/or knowledge of community sport and active recreation and a willingness to listen to the community’s needs and respond accordingly
- You have a clean full driver’s license and can work legally in New Zealand
- You are computer literate, particularly in the Microsoft Office suite
- You may have an affinity with the Howick and Pakuranga communities where the majority of this work will be focussed
This is a full-time role. The working hours and responsibilities are subject to change in accordance with the programmes and funding.
If you are interested in the position and committed to our vision please send your CV and cover letter addressed to Tania Vaealiki, TaniaV@sportauckland.co.nz
Applications close on Friday 25th January 2019 at 5:00pm.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?