Front of House Role
Advertiser: MangapapaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Jan 2019
- Hawkes Bay, Hastings
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Waiting Staff
Front of House Opportunity – 5* Hotel – Hawke's Bay
Are you looking to further your career in Tourism & Hospitality?! A fantastic opportunity awaits you! Mangapapa Hotel is seeking a Front of House Team Member to work in its beautiful restaurant and bar for the Summer season.
Have you enthusiasm for travel? Have you an interest in Hawke's Bay's hospitality industry? Do you find yourself obsessing about good service and fine quality food & wine?
Mangapapa Hotel may be the place for you! Mangapapa Hotel is Traveller’s Choice in New Zealand, awarded by Trip Advisor for 2018 and also awarding winning for the Beef & Lamb Excellence Award 2018. We uphold five star standards and every team member prides themselves on a high standard of customer service, great team work and superb attention to detail. Mangapapa Hotel's restaurant provides a breakfast service, high tea, dinner, spa packages, conferences and exclusive events booking up the hotel's calendar.
This role will require:
- A good knowledge of the local area so any guest queries can be answered with the occasional telephone work also.
- Meticulous attention to detail and friendly enthusiastic customer service skills, be a great team player with a willingness to help throughout all departments of the hotel
- Knowledge and passion for Hawke's Bays food and New Zealand wine is a 'must'.
- Good experience of working in a restaurant or events - bar skills advantageous.
- Barista experience is a 'must'.
- Ability to anticipate guest's requirements at a five star level, confidence to assist guests with their check-in/arrival to the hotel, knowledge of the New Zealand tourism industry, possibly experience in world travel as our guests are often international.
- A sense of responsibility to the role given, good time keeper and a positive, confident, 'can-do' attitude.
- Porter duties will be asked of you also
- Computer skills/office experience would be advantageous to help in Guest Relations.
- Liquor manager's certificate would be advantageous
- Ability to work shifts and flexible with evening work, particularly weekends. 30-40 hrs per week.
- Full driving license required.
$$ subject to level of expertise
If you think you are the person, we are looking for, please forward your CV and references to email@example.com
Applications close 28/02/19.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have in the hospitality & tourism industry?
- How many years' experience do you have as a barista?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- If you hold a working holiday visa, how many months of your visa are remaining?