Regional Business Advisor
Advertiser: Marlborough Chamber of CommerceMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Jan 2019
- Marlborough, Blenheim
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Consulting & Strategy, Strategy & Planning
For the past 70 years, the Marlborough Chamber of Commerce has offered support and advice to businesses and organisations in the region. We are a not-for-profit business membership association here to promote, support and encourage sustainable, profitable business growth.
We are looking for a Regional Business Advisor to join our team for a five-month contract. This is a full time (40 hours per week) dedicated role that has specific responsibility for promoting the Regional Business Partnership programme in the Marlborough region and undertaking business capability assessments, issuing of vouchers and Getting Started R&D grants.
This role is designed to "support and enable SMEs businesses to achieve their growth potential through improved business performance and innovation". The Business Advisor will work closely with Innovation Specialists and other Business Advisors in the region and as appropriate throughout New Zealand. The Business Advisor will actively identify customers and facilitate access to the region's Innovation Specialist as appropriate.
This position reports to the Board and will work alongside a small team of experienced and dedicated professionals in Marlborough.
To be successful:
- Commitment to customer and teamwork
- Enthusiastic about making the business environment successful
- A proven 'customer focused' attitude and ability to build rapport with business people
- Honest and trustworthy with a high degree of personal integrity
- Experience with and comfortable with 'cold calling' customers and the ability to build rapport for follow up contacts
- Proven business credibility
- Excellent communication and listening skills with ability to relate to people at all levels
- Demonstrated and proven experience in business management and/or delivery of business support and services
- Experience, knowledge and skills in analysing business performance and R&D needs of companies with the ability to offer solutions or advice to help clients grow their businesses
If this sounds like you, then apply today or alternatively for further information and a full job description please contact the Chamber office at email@example.com. Please apply with CV & cover letter.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Applications close 25th January 2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have in a consulting role?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?