Advertiser: Essential HRMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Jan 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Consulting & Generalist HR
HR Officer – AW Fraser
About the company
AW Fraser Ltd is a progressive privately owned New Zealand company; our reputation has established us as world leaders in the manufacture and export of high quality Bronze and Brass products. Our operations span a casting foundry, brass extrusion and a CNC machine shop. We proudly achieve competitive excellence globally; supplying to 35 countries and to leading industry customers including; Caterpillar, Komatsu, Liebherr, GE, Eaton, Mercury Marine, Yamaha and SEW Eurodrive, along with a number of significant Metal Distributors across Europe, the US, Australasia, the Middle East and South East Asia.
About the role
With over 200 employees, AW Fraser has grown to the size where we need a dedicated HR Officer in place to provide hands on practical support our day to day operations and management team.
This role will be varied and interesting as the site run a mix of different teams and roster patterns which makes for many and varied people puzzles to be worked through on a frequent basis. We also have a diverse workforce that includes migrant workers, school leavers and uni-graduates in addition to long-serving experienced staff. While the role will have a large component of administration this role will require you to have the generalist HR experience and knowledge that will enable you to provide guidance to our managers. So this position wouldn’t suit someone at the HR Administrator level.
We are offering a competitive salary with flexible hours at a broadly full-time level, for the right candidate. There is plenty of opportunity for job satisfaction in this role and a great team to work with. And you will have access to outsourced HR consultants for the more challenging tasks.
Skills & experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Sound HR (generalist) experience
- Sound understanding and practice of current employment legislation
- Experience working with immigration and assisting the recruitment and induction of employees moving to Christchurch
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially listening and analytical skills
- The ability to recruit, coordinate and induct new staff
- The ability to conduct exit interviews and then analyse and provide recommendations to minimise further attrition.
- A high level of knowledge of administrative duties within HR
- The ability to deliver HR metrics to support business plans
- The ability to update and maintain HR databases and information systems
- Experience generating data and reports to a polished standard on core HR processes
- Prior experience liaising with internal and external stakeholders in an HR capacity
- Knowledge of Health and Safety processes would be helpful but not necessary.
If this sounds like you we are keen to hear from you. Please email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 January 2019. Please contact Beccy Warwick by email or phone if you have any questions on 036590377.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have in Human Resources (HR)?
- Have you completed a qualification in human resources (HR)?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of employment & workplace relations?