Advertiser: NVISION EyecareMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Jan 2019
- Auckland, Rodney & North Shore
- $16.50 - $19.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Optical
About NVISION Eyecare®
NVISION Eyecare® is a new independent optometry practice offering general and specialty eye care using state-of-the-art technology. In addition to general optometric services, we offer more specialized eye care services such as myopia control for children, specialty contact lens fitting for corneal ectasias, dry eye treatment, and orthokeratology. Our practice is based in the Apollo Health and Wellness Centre and we work closely with other health professionals to give our patients a high level of care.
The Optical Assistant Role
- The optical assistant role is dynamic and offers a wide range of experience.
- As an optical assistant you will help the optometrist by doing pre-tests on patients before their eye test.
- You will also help them in choosing frames and take measurements to order their spectacles. You will also help in teaching patients how to insert and remove their contact lenses.
- This role is different than other similar roles in that you will be part of establishing a new practice.
- Onsite training with an experienced optometrist which means you can develop quickly.
- The role is a Monday to Friday job which means you have weekends off!
- Staff are entitled to a free pair of spectacles annually in addition to discounts for friends and family.
Requirements for the Role
No previous optical experience is required as full onsite training will be provided.
A willingness to learn and an enthusiasm towards learning new things is a must for this role.
Compassion and empathy towards others.
Any experience in a healthcare setting or in a customer service role would be beneficial.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Which of the following days and times are you available to work?
- What's your expected annual base salary?