Advertiser: HR associate NZ LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Jan 2019
- Auckland, Waitakere & West Auckland
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, General/Business Unit Manager
You dream it – we build it! Cutting Innovations is a large commercial joinery workshop based in West Auckland. Established in 2007 we specialise in joinery for commercial interiors, exhibition and set building, as well as promotion and sculptural projects. Check out our work at: https://www.ciprojects.co.nz/
We employ the finest designers and craftsmen and draw on the latest manufacturing technology to offer an end-to-end service incorporating design, creative build and installation.
Our goal is to provide our clients with an outstanding experience taking them on a journey to develop their ideas from concept stage into reality, and producing a creative and truly innovative finished product.
Our vision is “if you’re crazy enough to dream it, we’re crazy enough to build it”.
About the role
Our business has experienced significant growth and we now seek a dedicated General Manager to lead and manage the business for continued operational success. You will manage and oversee the company financials, sales and marketing, people, and systems ensuring profitability and efficiency in conjunction with department managers.
With around 4-5 direct reports, and reporting to the Managing Director, you will:
- Lead the company with a practical and tactical approach
- Develop and maintain systems and processes to ensure management of the business is efficient and profitable (focus on stock costings, pricing, margins and reporting)
- Manage the people side of the business, including recruitment, development, performance management and other people processes
- Review and monitor financial and reporting systems and processes
- Create and manage an effective sales and marketing plan
- Plan and implement training sessions and monthly management meetings
- Build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Lead health, safety and welfare for the business
For the right person, this will be a truly interesting and rewarding role.
As a newly created role, you will be well versed in successfully shaping and building a way forward. With proven experience running successful NZ SMEs you will be comfortable jumping in and making a difference.
You will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- 8+ years’ experience in business management positions within SMEs (office fit out, building, joinery, or logistics industries)
- Strong commercial knowledge and experience
- Excellent relationship management skills; you will be authorative yet collaborative
- Exceptional communication skills; you will be approachable and adaptable
- Strong, positive leadership and people management skills
- Advanced online/cloud-based systems experience, and ability to analyse and implement
- Solid experience in reporting and using this information to present change options
- Passion and skill for continuous improvement, particularly online system improvement
- Understanding of current health and safety practices and management
- Experience with Xero will be useful but not essential.
If you’re looking for a role that challenges and excites you then please apply and include a cover letter explaining your reason for applying, along with a current CV.
This recruitment is being managed by HR associate on behalf of Cutting Innovations. For a confidential discussion, please contact Karyn McDonald on 0211814849.
HR associate provide NZ businesses with HR consulting & recruitment services
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years of business management experience do you have?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- How many years' experience do you have as a general manager?